1. Place paper filter into your Chemex, making sure the 3 layered side is resting on the pour spout.
2. Preheat your equipment. Pour hot water over your filter into the Chemex to remove any paper taste. Preheating will maintain an even temperature while brewing for more consistent extraction.
3. Discard the hot water and pour 25 Grams of coffee into the filter. Shake the Chemex to level the grounds flat.
4. Place your Chemex onto your scale and tare the weight to 0 Grams.
5. “Bloom” the coffee. Add double the weight of your coffee (50 Grams) in water over the grounds and allow them to sit for 30 seconds. Start your timer.
6. At 30 seconds, pour water over the coffee in continuous circles until the scale reads 400 Grams.
7. Let the coffee continue to drain into your Chemex. Your total brew time should be between 4-5 minutes.
8. Once all the water has drained, toss out the filter with the grounds and immediate serve.