1. Preheat your equipment. Place the filter into the AeroPress basket. Rinse your AeroPress and filter with hot water.This will remove any paper taste from the filter. Preheating will maintain an even temperature while brewing for more consistent extraction.
2. Discard the hot water and pour 17 Grams of coffee into the AeroPress. Shake to level the grounds flat and place the AeroPress on top of your cup.
3. Place your AeroPress on your scale and tare the weight to 0 Grams.
4. “Bloom” the coffee. Pour 30 Grams of water over the grounds and stir with a spoon, making sure all grounds are saturated. Allow them to sit for 5 seconds. Start your timer.
5. At 5 seconds, pour water over the coffee until the scale reads 210 Grams.
6. Place your AeroPress plunger back on and wait 10 seconds.
7. Gently plunge your AeroPress over 15-30 seconds until all the coffee drained and immediately serve.
8.Unscrew the basket on your AeroPress and push the plunger to discard the grounds.