1. Preheat your equipment. Pour hot water into your french press. Preheating will maintain an even temperature while brewing for more consistent extraction.
2. Discard the hot water and add 40 Grams of coffee into your French Press.Shake the French Press to level the grounds flat.
3. Place your French Press on your scale and tare the weight to 0 Grams.
4. “Bloom” the coffee. Add double the weight of your coffee (80 Grams) in water over the grounds and allow them to sit for 30 seconds. Start your timer.
5. At 30 Seconds, pour water over the coffee until the scale reads 680 Grams.
6. Stir to incorporate all grounds then place your lid gently on top of the grounds without plunging.
7. At 4 minutes, slowly press the plunger down, stopping just before the coffee grounds.
8. Immediately serve, or pour into a carafe to completely decant the French Press.